About Artisan Medical, LLC
Artisan Medical, LLC partners with selected health care providers and our Strategic Partners to open and operate single-specialty ASCs or Artisan Centers™. Founded in 2003, we have grown by building relationships with key leaders in the ASC industry. It is our mission to provide first-class development and management services that will enable our ASC health care providers to deliver the best possible healthcare experience to their patients. Patients win because they receive better care at a lower cost in a pleasant, comfortable surgical facility. Health care providers win because they gain control over their surgical practice which leads to improved productivity and reduced risks.
Our proven cost-saving strategies enable us to provide you with facilities and services that are “best in class.” Most importantly, when unexpected events occur, our team of experts is ready and able to develop a solution. That’s why we are proud to offer our unique “no surprises” performance guarantee.
Meet Our Managing Partner Jesse Chamberlain
Jesse Chamberlain specializes in organizing strategic ASC partnership teams and in recruiting new surgeons to join ASCs. Jesse has more than 15 years experience in the healthcare industry, including healthcare sales, international sales and product development for Johnson & Johnson, Chiron Vision and Bausch & Lomb. He earned his MBA in organizational development and managed Procter & Gamble’s Co-op Merchandising Agreements (CMA) compliance program in Cleveland, Ohio.
The Art of ASC Development
Are you frustrated with the way your current surgical facility operates? Does your facility share equity and distributions fairly? If you are frustrated by your current situation, then take control and partner with Artisan Medical. We can help you develop and manage your own, successful ASC.
6 Reasons to Open Your Own ASC
Control of the center leads to better patient care.
Dividends from ASC results in new revenue stream.
Convenience and efficiency improvements at your ASC.
Leverage to grow medical and surgical practice.
Pride of ownership.
Competitive edge in the marketplace.
Our development services include:
- Developing financial projections, assembling a team of partners, writing your “Founders Agreement” and forming your legal entity or LLC
- Locating the desired ASC site, then reviewing and developing or modifying the lease/purchase documents to meet the needs of the group
- Competitively shopping your ASC’s financial loan package in order to obtain loans with low rates and highly favorable terms
- Planning for and purchasing equipment with access to preferred corporate discount programs and prices
- Providing assistance in credentialing staff, licensed medical providers, and vendors
- Assisting in recruiting and hiring key personnel and in developing compensation and benefits packages for ASC staff
- Developing policy and procedure manuals and protocols to ensure these policy statements are properly implemented
- Assisting in training staff prior to opening and during the first critical few months of operations and the developing employee review documents
- Managing licensing and credentialing to ensure that the center is operating within regulatory guidelines
- Developing and implementing effective governance policies
- Developing audit and separation of work procedures to provide comprehensive oversight of the facility, its operations and resources.
Carroll County Surgery Center
410 Malcolm Drive, Suite B
Westminster, MD 21157
Snowden River Surgery Center
6011 University Blvd Ste 190
Ellicott City, MD 21043
Eye Surgery Center of Winchester
525 Amherst Street
Winchester, Virginia 22601
Palisades Eye Surgery Center
4818 del Ray Ave
Bethesda, MD 20814
Northern Virginia Eye Surgery Center
2710 Prosperity Avenue, Suite 150
Fairfax, VA 22031
Northern Baltimore Surgical Center
110 West Road
Towson, MD 21204
Silver Spring Ophthalmology
8630 Fenton St #800
Silver Spring, MD 20910
The Art of ASC Management
Artisan Medical specializes in bringing efficient and profitable management practices to small ASCs. We focus on providing centers with detailed financial analysis and planning services including budgeting, cash flow, and accurate financial projections. We perform daily reconciliation services, and our center’s policies and procedures are AAAHC compliant.
We are experts in recruiting, hiring and managing key staff and clinical directors so your center remains efficient and profitable. We develop job descriptions, job performance evaluations and reviews, as well as comprehensive compensation and benefits packages.
Artisan Medical will analyze your local market, develop ASC goals and provide long-term strategic planning services to boost the value of the center both now and in the future.
Our management services include:
- Recruiting new surgeons and potential partners
- Developing HR policies and tools to retain key staff
- Providing financial management services that include general ledger, cash basis bookkeeping, accounts payables, and tax filing assistance
- Supervising billing and collections. (We also offer comprehensive billing and collection services under a separate agreement.)
- Providing IT management and reporting
- Budgeting and cash flow management
- Purchasing equipment and services, and participating in corporate discount and preferred pricing programs
- Assisting in credentialing staff and licensing medical providers
- Facilitating regulatory compliance
- Planning effective business strategies for continued growth
“I enjoy a collegial relationship with Jesse Chamberlain, president of Artisan, and have been impressed with his professional, straightforward development of surgery center process. Outlining professional and support staffing needs, anticipating patient flow patterns, and development of actual center physical structure are expertly planned. These efforts therefore generate an atmosphere where excellent patient care is not only possible, but actually delivered. Positive surgical outcomes, with focus on patient and family satisfaction are both considerations in the development of the administrative, medical, and nursing standards of care utilized at the centers. Our collaborative relationship relies on mutual open communication and professional trust. I am happy to part of the patient care team here.”
- Chris Romanowski, CRNA, president of Rest Assured, providing anesthesia services at several surgery centers established, organized and managed by Artisan Medical.
“Partnering with Jesse Chamberlain six years ago to open my own ASC has been one of the most gratifying decisions of my career. Performing surgery in a beautiful, efficient, state-of-the-art center has been an absolute delight for both me and my patients. Jesse has been an excellent partner in that he has been extremely dedicated to the center and has played a major role in its financial success.
The beauty of the ASC is that I have been able to do the same number of cases in half the time compared with a hospital setting . At the same time, I have increased my personal income significantly. I cannot thank Jesse enough for convincing me to partner with him in this wonderful project.”
- Paul Tarantino, M.D.